[TowerTalk] TS-950SDX rcv noise killer

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TS-950SDX rcv noise killer
From: harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Charles H. Harpole)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 09:58:16 -0500 (EST)
So the Kenwood TS-950SDX instruction book says, and I finally tried it:
On 40meterd during SSB SS, in a moment of desperation with my run spot
being overcome with foreign broadcast, I finally obeyed the instruction
book and switched the attenuator onto full attenuate and switched on the
AIP (advanced intercept point) switch.  Ham signals jumped up out of the
noise and the foreign bc station's sidebands nearly disappeared.  I
thought I had come to ham heaven.  I went on to run for six hours there
with same results.  Will it work again?  K4VUD