[TowerTalk] CDR 40 rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CDR 40 rotor
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 21:55:16 +0800
Howdy gang:

Well, we're in the middle of a BIG wind storm (thank God for crank up
towers) so I though would do some maintenance here.  I took an old AR-40
rotor apart that is not working right and found some bad gears.  The ring
gear has two spots where the teeth are gone, and the cluster of 3 gears
that drive the ring gear is worn out.  My question is, does anyone have
any idea how much those gears cost, and is it even worth it to fix a
AR-40?  I want to use it to turn a little 2 element 15 meter beam on a
mast.  Thanks and 73
Tom  W7WHY
"We may be disappointed if we fail, but we are doomed
 if we don't try" Beverly Sills