[TowerTalk] 40M wire beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40M wire beam
From: k5na@bga.com (Richard L. King)
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 15:54:21
I would like to try and put up a 40M inverted vee wire yagi between two 66
foot towers before the CQWW CW Contest. The towers are about 150 feet apart
so a four or five element yagi is a possibility. This will be a quickie
experiment to see if I can improve my score just a little bit.

Can anyone help me out with the dimensions for this antenna? Are there any
sites that might already have this information available? I don't want to
go through any long, drawn-out modeling program exercise to accomplish
this. Besides, I don't have the software. I am willing to keep it simple
but there isn't much time left to design it.

Thanks.

73, Richard

K5NA@BGA.COM
http://www.realtime.net/~k5na