[TowerTalk] Comments on Sommer Anten

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Comments on Sommer Anten
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 19:07:37 +200
W8GAZ wrote:
> There was quite a discussion about a year ago and the conclusion
> was not much was thought of the Sommer antennas.

Before simply accepting this conclusion, it would make sense to re-
read the original thread in the archives.

While the conclusion was indeed as stated, the conclusion was based on
the fact that not a lot of people in the US were using these
antennas, therefore they had to be inferior.

A number of European stations (including the top British band-country
chaser) are using these antennas successfully, and what little first-
hand experience I have with them is certainly no less favourable than
with Moseley, HyGain or Cushcraft.

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ