[TowerTalk] RE: old books (off topic)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: old books (off topic)
From: cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu (L. B. Cebik)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 07:04:53 -0500 (EST)
Mike,

Books--both new and old--are the heart of learning--and that is the core
of what these lists are all about--sharing what we have learned.  So with
moderator permission, let me make a further suggestion:

Yes, there is a need throughout the world for basic information on
radio/electronics/antennas/etc.  Books are in short supply in many
regions.  Now if someone had the wherewithall to do so, he or she could
collect lists of needs (perhaps certified by the national radio societies
of each country) and also collect contributed older volumes ranging from
texts to practical books at all levels.  Then with a few contributions to
cover shipping, something might be done to distribute what is no longer
needed to places where there is a great need.

Perhaps there is no more efficient a category of recycling than the
recycling of learning.  And we can all benefit from learning a little more
(even the hard way, from some tower accidents, I have recently heard
about).

I wonder who has the connections to set something like this in motion.
Seems like the right season for it.

Hope I am not too far out of line in suggesting this on towertalk.

-73-

LB, W4RNL