[TowerTalk] Two six packs and a cheese ball

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Two six packs and a cheese ball
From: no9z@prairienet.org (Lynn D. Osterbur)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 19:13:46 -0600 (CST)

  I bet you wonder what the title has to do with towertalk!  Well, after
looking back over the last year of hamming, I think my major improvement
to the station was getting rid of power line noise.  I owe this to good
people from the power company who must of spent at least a week out here
in the country replacing lots of insulators on this 60+ year old line
to the house.
  While talking to the man who does the trouble locating, he mentioned in
passing that there was a ham about 20 miles away that was giving him a
hard time and threatening to raise a big stink. I have always called and
asked nicely to see if they could come out check out the problem.
  THis year I am going to get that "2 six packs and a cheese ball" for
the guys that took care of me.  If you have had a similar experience in
the past, it would be good PR for all of us to do something for the folks
that help us out.
  For the folks who are still having touble, hang in there.  The solutions
are not always that easy.

gl/73
Lynn

Ps   My noise came in on the antenna which was mounted on the tower.
     I dont know if the other ham ever got his noise problem fixed.

Merry Christmas