[TowerTalk] Climbing Belt with Leg straps??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Climbing Belt with Leg straps??
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 10:00:14 EST
In a message dated 97-12-16 15:08:37 EST, kc5qdz@iamerica.net writes:

>  I am looking for a climbing belt with straps that go around
>  your legs, similar to they way they do on a rapelling harness. The only
>  kind I have found so far is the type that just have a second strap for
>  you to sit on. I know the other kind is made I just do not know where to
>  look. If you have any info I would appreciate it.

     Mountain climbing harnesses have leg loops and are suitable for mountain
climbing but not recommended for tower work (there's no place to clip in your
positioning lanyard, not OSHA approved, etc.).

     For tower work, you need either a waist safety belt or fall arrest
harness.

    An extensive write-up on tower safety equipment is available for a buck
from TOWER TECH. It's a 3-part reprint of my "Up The Tower" column in CQ
Contest magazine.

     Mailing address is Box 572, Woodinville, WA, 98072.

73,  Steve  K7LXC