[TowerTalk] 402CD Heavy Duty Version

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 402CD Heavy Duty Version
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 10:27:22 -0800
At 2:09 AM -0800 12/24/97, Bill Jackson - K9RZ wrote:

"This winter," huh?  When I asked them this summer, it was "this fall."
When I asked them in September, it was "end of November."

I finally bought a stock 402CD from HRO and the HD kit from Mike Wetzel,
W9RE.  The net cost was roughly the same as CC's 402BX will be and this is
a time-proven mod.  Besides, I always like to have someone else Beta test
V1.0 of anything!  :)

73, Dick

PS:  Does anyone on the reflector know where you can find the 1.75" wood
dowling called for in Dave Leeson's original mod article?  The local lumber
and woodworkng shops don't stock anything that size and apparently no one
works a wood lathe anymore.  :(

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/w7di/