[TowerTalk] Mosley TW-34-XL

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley TW-34-XL
From: richard@bewellnet.com (Richard Williams)
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 13:53:52 -0700
I have the Mosley TW-34 WARC antenna.  It is a four element trapped beam
for 10, 18 & 24 mhz.   Unfortunately I can not get the SWR down to an
acceptable value  on 18.
I have been in contact with Mosley and have tried everything (using a
balun, using a RF choke, and feeding it direct with nothing in the line.

The ant is on a self supporting tower at 80 ft with no other ant within
100 or more ft; so I don't think anything is reacting with it.  Also,
when I turn it the SWR does not shift.  The resonance freq gives a min
SWR of 1.8 to one on 17 mtrs.  The curves that Mosley provides say the
SWR should be much better than that.  The 1.8 to one is higher than the
linear (Alpha) likes to see.

Does anybody on the reflector have this ant and have they had any
problems with it.