[TowerTalk] 80M Vert. ??????

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80M Vert. ??????
From: kd8kx@bright.net (Doug Weaver)
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 12:14:29 -0500
I'm looking for anyone who has had any experience building a shortend 80
meter vertical. While I have plenty of 2in. OD aluminum to construct a full
1/4 wave antennna I don't relish the idea of trying to keep 60 plus feet of
antenna up through the Ohio winters. Yes I could add extensive guy system
but would prefer not to.
I'd like to find a top hat or linear loaded vertical in the 40-45 foot
range. Work commitments don't really allow me the time to do a lot of
research and experimentation. Hopefully someone has or knows of someone
using a similar antenna.

Thanks es 73's
Doug/KD8KX