[TowerTalk] Yeasu G-1000SDX

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yeasu G-1000SDX
From: rhill@htonline.com (rhill)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 00:10:49 -0500
Piotr Tomczak wrote:

> I have a question regarding the possibility of switching
> the AC on the rotator control box from 110V to 220V.
>
> The rotator is bought in the USA and in Norway
> we still use 220V

I have one of these rotators and according to the manual there are two
models depending on power requirements. 110-120 and 220-240. HOWEVER,
quoting from Yaesu's manual, "Before proceeding with installation,
confirm that the AC voltage label on the rear of the Controller matches
your local ine voltage: either '117V' for 110 to 120 VAC, or '220' for
220 to 240 VAC. If the labelled voltage range does not match, return the
controller to the dealer from whom you purchased it (different power
transformers are installed for the different voltage ranges."  I would
not try any power source other than what is on the back of the
controller. Mine has a black label with 117V on it and it could not be
used with 220 VAC. Hope this helps, Bob n8wfl