[TowerTalk] 5 over 3 stack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 5 over 3 stack
From: larsenp@cadvision.com (Peter Larsen)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 05:16:45 +0000
Hi From Calgary.

As 10 meters opens again I have been thinking of doing a stack fixed on
Europe.
Here is my problem. I have an old CB-115 5 elem beam that I have resized
for
Ten meters. I also have an old Hy-Gain 3 elem beam.

If I was to do a stack of the 5 elem (gamma match) at 56 feet and the 3
elem (balun)
at 34 feet. How would this work?

I will have a TH-6 at 72 feet on the same tower. I would likely use 2
3/4 wave
length 75 ohm cables to phase the two antennas and then a single run of
50 ohm
into the shack.

Am I wasting my time with this idea?  Does any one have an old CB-115
they
would like to part with?  This beam was built in the '70s and Cushcraft
doesn't
have any data on it any more.

It worked well at 35 feet with 300 watts. (100+ countries and WAS in 6
months.)

Any help would be appreciated

Peter
VE6NAO