[TowerTalk] Kellum Grips

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Kellum Grips
From: Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 22:39:12 -0500
As long as we're back on the subject of hanging coax, can anyone tell me the
best way to attach RG-213 or equivalent to the top standoff arm on my U.S.
Tower tubular crankup?

The standoff has the usual pair of overlapping fingers that you can squeeze
together to form a circle (like the eye of a needle). The cable comes up
from the ground through the eyes of six standoffs. It is attached only to
the top standoff, which is right below the antenna (in other words, as the
tower is raised or lowered, the coax slides though the bottom five eyes.) At
the moment (and until next spring) it is attached to opposite sides of the
top standoff eye with a pair of cable ties (please, no lectures, I was in a
hurry.) From there, it goes up and snakes along the boom to the balun, held
against the boom in a couple of places with Scotch 88.

Would a Kellum grip be the best bet, and if so, which model?

73, Dick, WC1M