[TowerTalk] Phased vertical feed??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Phased vertical feed??
From: k6ct@pacbell.net (k6ct)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 09:06:27 -0800
I have a 2 element vertical array for 80m. I have received conflicting
information as to how best to phase the two so I can go in either direction.
The verticals are spaced 65 ft apart, are elevated and each have elevated
radials.  Here are the two methods that have been proposed:
1. Current fed- using a relay, switching with a 71 degree phase line so that
the lagging element is the direction of power distribution.
2. Parasitic excitation, using 3/8 wave between each vertical and the switch
box to the shack.

What are the pros and cons of each and I would like to hear from those of
you that use these two different feed methods as to efficiency and how well
the work.
73 Tom