[TowerTalk] Elevated radials for gamma matched tower????

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Elevated radials for gamma matched tower????
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 19:10:40 +0800
Guy Hamblen wrote:

> I have a gamma matched tower on 160m and want to experiment with
> elevated radials.....I'm sure this has been done by others. Can
> someone steer me to what works best, how installed, problems to avoid,
>etc. I've reviewed ON4UN's book and ARRL articles but didn't find any
> specific information.
>
> 73, Guy  N7UN/2

Hi Guy.  I have an article from July 1962 Cq magazine on the array I'm
using on 40. In that article, he used 50 foot grounded telescoping masts
for vertical elements. He went down from the top 1/4 wave and attached
his radials there and then used a gamma match to match the antenna to the
feedline. You could do the same with your tower. Just attach the radials
to the tower, and gamma match it from there. Should work! If you would
like a copy of the article, let me know. 73
Tom W7WHY