[TowerTalk] TS-940 problem help please

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TS-940 problem help please
From: pramey@smtplink.ram.com (pramey@smtplink.ram.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 98 16:04:31 EST
     Is it in general coverage mode?  My Icom actes the same way when in
     general/out of band mode.

     Paul, WG0G/W2

Author:  K7LXC@aol.com at smtplink-rammob
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date:    1/28/98 3:49 PM

     I haven't used my TS-940 much recently but I decided I wanted to listen
to 20M the other day so I hit the power switch. It came on and the rx worked
just fine. But it doesn't transmit. No output power, no swr, no relays, no
nothing. I turned it on and off several times and realized that I didn't hear
any of the relay latching that I usually hear. When I hit the transmit button,
I don't hear any relays clicking there either. The manual is no help. I've
tried different bands and modes but nada. It's always worked before.

    I would appreciate any help. I can always send it out for repair but was
hoping to get a little closer to the problem before I ship it out.

73 and tnx,  Steve  K7LXC, QCAO