[TowerTalk] Rotator Connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator Connectors
From: avidham@sojourn.com (Roger C. Stimson)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 00:28:41 -0500
David,
      I have found the C.A.T.S. connectors to be very good connectors.
They are easy to install with the rotator disassembled.  Don't try to do
the job from the outside.  Furthermore, make certain you mark each wire
with the terminal # as you remove it.  Unless you have the special tool
for removing the pins from the plastic connector, you will be in big
trouble if you insert a pin in the wrong hole.  So...go slowly and make
sure you are putting the pin in the right location.  The little tool
that is needed to remove the pins is expensive, but well worth the price
if you are prone to mistakes.  After assembly, three wraps of #33 tape
will keep the connection weatherproof.  I prefer the tape to the heat
shrink method even though both seem to work.  The installation makes a
neat job and is much superior to the original terminal strip when it
comes to removing the rotator for service.  Good luck!
     73 Roger K8RS