[TowerTalk] RF chokes

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RF chokes
From: zettel@homer.libby.org (Steve Zettel)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:09:33 -0700
What is the collective wisdom of the reflectors concerning decoupling tower
mounted antenna-switching relays with RF chokes on the relay coil leads? I
am building a relay box to be mounted on my tower for switching an 80M
array. Should I take the time and trouble to wind some rf chokes on toriods
for each of the relay coil leads, or is this a waste of time and effort. RF
de-coupling caps  are already planned in the design (0.1 or 0.01 uf 500v
ceramics) for the control cable leads. If the RF chokes are a good idea,
I'm open to pointers -- how many u-henries, number of windings and gauge of
wire on what type toroidal core, etc.

Thanks for you assistance,

Steve Zettel  KJ7CH
near Libby, MT USA