[TowerTalk] HF--VHF Separation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HF--VHF Separation
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 09:33:38 EST

> I am going to place a VHF 2M Yagi above my tri-bander.
>
>  What is the minimum distance from the boom of the tri-bander to bottom
>  of the longest VHF element in the vertical plane for optimum
>  performance, if there is one?

     What kind of tribander? The Mosleys are very intolerant of other antennas
in close proximity while most other antennas just ignore them.

     How big of a 2M yagi? Unless the 2M boom is resonant somewhere on HF, the
HF beam probably won't see it. I think 3-5 feet separation would do it. Of
course, more is always better.

     Take SWR readings before and after the 2M installation. If the HF SWR
changes, turn the 2M beam 90 degrees and take SWR readings again. That might
fix it.

73,  Steve  K7LXC