[TowerTalk] Anderson Power Poles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Anderson Power Poles
From: n8ug@juno.com (Press W Jones)
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 11:09:49 EST
Interesting question, Dick. We've sold and used the  PP for years as an
alternate for the popular 6&8 pole trailer set for rotors, using 6 or 8
different colors. We've assembled them as we picked them up from the
bench - in whatever order they came to hand, although the heavier wires
usually were on one end of a 6 or 8 pack. The fact that the colors
matched when plugged together was the only criteria, from 2 to as many as
16. Once set, they can't miss even if in the dark. If an alien device
joins the group, it is a cinch to alter it to conform, either by moving
plastic or by simply switching the silver contacts.
In our market, the trailer plugs are the best mover, but the PP is a
great indoor or in car favorite.
Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC 29356
use n8ug@juno.com or (864) 895-4195 for tech help
orders only use 800-727-WIRE(9473) or cqwire@juno.com
http://www.thewireman.com
THE WIRE LINE(http://thewireman.com/wireline.html)

On Fri, 30 Jan 1998 17:02:47 -0800 Dick Flanagan <dick@libelle.com>
writes:
>I think most folks are familiar with the 30 amp red and black power
>pole
>connectors that are quickly becoming the unofficial standard for
>equipment
>power connections.  If you're not,
>http://www.andersonpower.com/powerpole3.html may ring a bell.
>
>Anyway, one question I've not seen answered with any authority is
>which
>side the red and black connectors should be placed for maximum
>interchangability.
>
>In other words, as I look at the front of two red and black
>connectors,
>with the metal tongues at the bottom of the plastic housing, is the
>red/positive connector supposed to be on the right or the left?
>
>Is there such a standard?!  Since the construction of the connectors
>is
>such that connectors assembled to the same standard will always
>interconnect correctly, it would sure seem reasonable.
>
>Comments?
>
>73, Dick
>
>--
>Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
>Visit http://www.qsl.net/w7di/
>

>--
>Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]