[TowerTalk] Rohn HDBX Tower - Boom Length

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn HDBX Tower - Boom Length
From: zak@goes.com (Walter Kornienko)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 15:55:10 -0500
Phil, re: Rohn HBDX-48;

I have had a 204BA mounted 10' above a Wilson 5L 15M
on this tower on 15 feet of mast protruding out of the top
(204 @ 63').  Combined I believe that's 12 sq.ft., with the
204 having a 26' boom length.  It has seen in excess of
70 MPH winds with no damage to the tower.  I bent a few
Aluminum masts over the last 15 years, but no damage
to the tower.  It currently supports a 115CA @ 50' and
a 105CA @ 60' (13' above the top) on a beefed-up Al mast.

             73 de Walt Kornienko - K2WK - zak@goes.com