[TowerTalk] True, True North

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] True, True North
From: larsenp@cadvision.com (Peter Larsen)
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 01:39:52 +0100
Roger L. Elowitz wrote:
> The north magnetic pole is located under water in Canada's Parry
> Channel on
> the 102 degree West line of longitude at about the level of the
> 80-degree
> line of North latitude... according to my very old atlas. (It's
> probably
> changed position since this book was published!)

You have an old atlas. The magnetic north pole is just off the
north end of Cameron Island. In the governor general islands of the
Perry island group. Up there you don't need a big TOWER. (I knew
I could fit that in)

73 es  have fun
Peter
VE6NAO/CH8MNP (from the magnetic north pole, August 18-25, 1993)