[TowerTalk] HyGain Long John Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HyGain Long John Antennas
From: w5kft@nts-online.net (Bryan Edwards)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 14:24:10
        In the mid 1960's Hygain built the original series
of "Long John" antennas for 10-15-20-40 meters.  These antennas
were much larger and more of a professional antenna than the
present series of antennas.  The  20 meter antenna was FIVE
elements on a 46 foot boom, the 40 meter beam was a full size
3 element.  The 10 meter version (106B) was six elements on
a 34 foot boom if I remember correctly.  I don't remember the
details on the 15 meter version.

        I think I still have the manuals on all of these antennas.
can check the files for more details if anyone is interested.

Bryan W5KFT