[TowerTalk] Using Used Steel Cable For Guying Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Using Used Steel Cable For Guying Tower
From: jsbmjb@email.msn.com (John S. Bodey)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:08:22 -0700
I have found a large quantity of used 3/8" 7-strand steel cable and a large
quantity of used 1/4" 7-strand steel cable at salvage prices.  The 3/8"
cable was used by the local power company for "static line" and was recently
removed from service.  The 1/4" cable was used by the local cable company to
suspend their hardline cable.  Both cables are clean and rust free.

I'm planning to install 70' of Rohn 45 soon and am wondering if any of this
cable is suitable for guying the tower.

BTW I get the 75-ohm hardline for free with the 1/4" steel cable!

73...John
W7AG