[TowerTalk] Rohn 25

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 03:08:43 GMT

> With all the discussion about Rohn 25 and windloading etc. You have
>almost convinced me that trying to fold over my Rohn 25 tower not only
>isn't going to work but that the tower is only good for uhf vhf
>antennas!!!
>  Well I guess the TH6 is going to stay in the barn for another 3 or 4
>years and I get to keep using my Butternut vertical for my only
antenna.
>It is ashame too as I have 5 empty acres and all I can do is a lousy
>vertical makes me lose all incentive to upgrade
>  Not flaming anyone just upset that I can't do anything better that
>what I have. It wouldn't be so bad if I lived on a small city lot
>73
>Rick
>kc5ajx  (tech plus forever)
 I must apologize to the group for this post. I was in a down mood when
I posted it and relized a few minutes later that it was a mistake to
take up your time and the bandwidth with this kinda of stuff.
  I must say though that I only got about 2 flames in all and that most
of the replies told me not to give up. I thank the group for the
encouragement.
 Now I have a few more questions ( yes I'm going to get something in the
air soon). If I still want to fold this over I see that the only way to
go is a Rohn foldover kit, I think Rohn made a kit to convert a regular
Rohn tower to a Rohn foldover tower. I can't find any info on this piece
of equiptment. anyone know if it is still available and the cost?
 If I decide to go with a staight up guyed tower, I know how to erct the
thing but if I want to install a second antenna later how the heck do
you reach up above the tapered top section? There is nothing to fasten
your climbing belt to except the mast and then there is nothing to stand
on. I know this may sound stupid to those who have done it several times
but to one who is sitting here trying to figure out all the angles
before I start building it is not clear.
  Agian I'm sorry for posting the junk I sent last night. Next time I
will think more clearly before I type.
73
Rick
KC5AJX