[TowerTalk] Quad Mounting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Quad Mounting
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 15:35:01 -0600
I had no problem with a 2 element Mosley Quad mounted at the top
of a 40 ft tower (bottom wires below the tower top).  The tower was
guyed at the 32 ft level and the guy wires were insulated at 3, 15, and
27 ft from the attachment point.  It is important to put the first
insulator
close to the tower to break up the connection between insulators through
the tower.  For the remaining guy wire, it is best to use a length less
than
1/2 wavelength on the highest band for the next two or three insulators.
I like to use 12 ft lengths near the tower.

de  Tom  N4KG

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]