[TowerTalk] Subdivision Deed restrictions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Subdivision Deed restrictions
From: perring@texas.net (Bob Perring)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 10:02:26 -0600
I am on the board of my Ashford West (Houston, Texas) subdivision.

The existing subdivision deed restrictions were written in 1968, and are
to continue unchanged until 2008.

At that time, they automatically renew for 10 year periods, unless
changed by a majority vote of the subdivision lot owners.

Be that as it may, certain board members are of the opinion that there
needs to be new rules and laws imposed upon our subdivision, more in line
with other subdivisions around us.

The proposed new laws will focus on everything imaginable, unimaginable,
and deal with anything and everything so as to be a source of irritation
whenever a homeowner wants to do any activity of any sort.

There are the usual statements made in the "new" laws that prohibit:

satellite antennas

outside television antennas

no transmitting antennas of any sort

no offensive activities

etc., etc., etc.

Basically, what we have here in my subdivision is an attempt to replace
existing unexpired laws with newer laws of more depth, breadth, and
personal meddling stupidity.

The old 3 page subdivision rules which have existed for 30 years will now
be expanded into a "new and improved" set of 64 page rules

Just for a start, so as to supply information input to you, I attach the
"proposed" new rules section that would address my N5RP amateur radio
activities.

SECTION 8.10          Antennas and Satellite Dish System

8.10.1

Television Antenna Prohibited.

No television antenna of any type may be erected or maintained on any
building site except in the attic of a residence without prior written
consent of the AWC board.

8.10.2

Other Prohibited Antenna.

In no event shall any antenna or other device be used for transmitting
electronic signals of any kind. No electronic antenna or device of any
type, citizen band, "HAM", "CB" or similar radio antenna or other
television antenna or accessories, except as above provided, shall be
erected or permitted to remain on any building site or elsewhere in the
subdivision, or on any residence or other building; provided the AWC may
approve placement of same.

8.10.3

Satellite Dish Systems.

No satellite dish system, microwave television antenna or similar devices
of any type shall be permitted on any building site or elsewhere in the
subdivision unless approved by the AWC. The AWC may (but shall not be
required to) permit installation of a satellite dish system, microwave
television antenna or similar device only if no part of same is visible
from any street. The provisions hereof shall not apply to any satellite
dish or similar system maintained by the Association.

I invite responses from you of a general or specific nature that might
better equip me with the proper ammunition for my obvious position on
this issue.

73,

N5RP

Bob Perring