[TowerTalk] Basic Help Please...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Basic Help Please...
From: ukii@megsinet.net (ukii)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 08:46:52 -0600
(first post,just found out about you guys! Aint Tek-Na-Ledge E Great!)

Hello Gang...
Well,back to the well for some more NAH-LEDGE....
Please,I never had a tower but recently bought a used
Tri-Ex W51 tower. Its a 51foot crankup deal.
It did not come with the base (cage) that gets burried
in the cement.
What I would like to know from you is if I MUST get the base from
the factory or if I can somehow make a base for it?
I want to be sure the tower wont fall over but at 235 bucks for
some rebar,well,,,
So,please,is there a way to get around buying the base from Triex
or should I ?
Thanks VERY MUCH. This tower deal was kind of forced on me by
a fellow ham who is convinced I need an antenna more than 10 feet
off the ground.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
73 de john
n9ukx