[TowerTalk] SUBDIVISION DEED RESTRICTIONS; THANKS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SUBDIVISION DEED RESTRICTIONS; THANKS
From: perring@texas.net (Bob Perring)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 17:20:04 -0600
I received many solidly thought out responses to my request for inputs,
and I am dumping them all to print for a file to study, mark with yellow
high lighter, and the development of a long range game plan.

Right now, my initial thoughts are to do multiple mailings and drop off
several short articles to all of the mailboxes in the subdivision. I
think many short articles concentrating on unique specifics in each case
will have more impact than one, all encompassing,  long winded bulletin
that may not get thoroughly read.

Having a copy of what is being sought, gives me the benefit of being able
to drop notes to all of my neighbors pointing out to each of them how
they are violating the proposed new subdivision rules with their
individual practices. I'll get everyone pissed off about each and every
example of aggravation I can develop.

Chip, Chip, Chip..... Erode away the support that might exist with each
peck of the hammer.

Divide and conquer.

Get others to join my side with the many concerns that I can create about
satellite dishes, house colors, basketball goals, car work in driveways,
boats, patio designs, roof colors, landscaping restraints, etc., and all
the little nit picking things that I can think up each and every day over
the many little things that need not be manipulated in our subdivision,
etc.

I will breed mistrust and discontent among the masses over the power that
the board seeks to obtain.

I'm very irritated by all of this, but I am going to work hard and smart
to keep these unnecessary laws from being imposed upon my life and my
community.

I really do think I will win this one. I am just not going to wait until
it is too late.

I will work harder and smarter than the ones wanting to be neighborhood
gods.

Nothing worse than a zealot, and I will become a zealot.

When I bought this house, I obtained a copy of the subdivision rules
(established in 1968) so as to be sure that my antenna would be allowed.
After I put the tower up, I received the usual phone calls and notices. I
went to a meeting of the subdivision, and it was then and there that I
made my position clear and solidly established. That was 18 years ago. I
have had no problems or complaints since that time.

 Everyone around me and nearly everyone in the subdivision has cable TV.
I use individual bandpass filters on all transmitters and a total of 5
TVI filters in my transmission line that always see a 50 ohm termination
via a properly adjusted tuner. I run low power whenever possible. I have
made sure that I cause no problems at all with any of my own house
electronic equipment, and to the best of my knowledge, I only cause
problems to just one neighbor who still insists on using an old 1.6 mHz
wireless telephone, and is not on cable TV. Even at that, I cause
problems to him only under QRO, and only on channel 2 when QRO.

Now I have a bunch of new neighbors on the board that have the god
syndrome in their minds. I was here before any of them, and  I bought
here just because I could have my antennas. I have improved my house to a
degree far in excess of any of my neighbors, and the joint has been
mortgage free for almost 10 years now.

My wife and I bought 6 acres just outside of town 2 years ago on which we
plan to build, but I am not going to move and build anew, only to have
left this poor example of wrong practices behind me, and to haunt my
fighting spirit in moments of private thought.

I am considering adding a separate section to my home page concerning
this fight. I will be glad to keep anybody interested informed about the
progress of my situation as the developments evolve.

73,

N5RP

Bob Perring

12715 Westmere