[TowerTalk] Re: The LXC Prime Directive

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: The LXC Prime Directive
From: Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 15:47:06 -0500
>     It's your installation and you're violating the LXC Prime Directive
(DO
>what the manufacturer says)

I don't want to pick on you Steve (I love your products and you're my
favorite tower installer on the other coast :-), but I've seen two instances
lately in which you've made recommendations contrary to the manufacturer's:
1) Lubricating cables and pulleys on U.S. Tower crankups, and 2) using an
embedded base section on towers for which Rohn recommends using a base pin.

I'm not arguing the merits (or lack thereof) of the manufacturers'
recommendations, I'm just curious -- are these the exceptions that prove the
rule?

73, Dick, WC1M