[TowerTalk] Re: Deoxidizing copper wire/stranded wire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Deoxidizing copper wire/stranded wire
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 21:10:14 EDT

<< K1VR:  Got a brand and source for a plumbers deox solution which does not
 leave an acid residue to eat the wire? >>
Hi Fred, the several deoxidizers that I've checked out all note that a
thorough rinsing with acetone (or stronger chemicals which I won't mention
because they are dangerous and unnecessary), then a flow of hot water.  I've
done the final water rinse easily "in the field" using hot water in a thermos.
One easy source of deoxidizer in small, economy, sizes is to take your glass
jar to the local furniture refinisher.  He/she often uses it on copper
hardware.   73,  Steve, K1PEK  DAVIS RF Co.

DAVIS RF Co., Commercial wire/cable, RF connectors, custom cable design.
Discounts to hams..........BURY-FLEX ? low loss HF-microwave HDPE coax;..
FLEX-WEAVE? aerial wire. Registered trademarks of Davis Associates, Inc. . .
LMR ?, Heliax?, etc.  Visit our web site at  www.davisRF.com colleague
"The Triad":   DAVIS RF Co., ORION WIRE CORP and The WIREMAN:  Three types of
expertise, three corporate buying power and customer inter-personal
relationships benefitting all.