[TowerTalk] Re: Beverage wire + Addendum

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Beverage wire + Addendum
From: n8ug@juno.com (n8ug@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 08:53:11 -0500
Responding to some general questions about the post yesterday which
follows these numbered items :
1. The color of jacket in any given reel will most likely be the same
throughout, but there is no guarantee of choice. The colors are solid -
not striped - at least in present stock.
2. The wire is un-marked, since its primary use does not require it. It
is UL eligible, but not so marked. 300 VAC dielectric rating - which is
the same as rotor cable wire, for example.
3. Its use for household wiring depends on local codes, if any. It is top
quality material  meant for commercial use, not "seconds" or rejects in
any way. It is simply too short for 10-25 K ft  continuous production
runs.
4. In addition to the types listed, there is also some 12 AWG
w/polyethylene jacket available on the same pricing basis. Its price is 8
cents per foot for 5K ft, or 1 cent/ft more for lesser amounts down to 1K
min.
5. One inquiry last night asked for info mentioning item (3) above - 1 K
of each...................your post was lost - please resend.
Thanks to all for the interest.
73,
Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC, 29356
Sales(800)727-WIRE(9473) or cqwire@juno.com.
Tech help (864)895-4195 or n8ug@juno.com
www.thewireman.com   Our 21st year!

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 14:32:05 -0500 n8ug@juno.com writes:
>Now that the big recent flurry of beverage antennas has died down, we
>have come across a bunch of wire that might be interesting. Oh well!
>
>This is various lots of 18, 16, and 14 gauge stranded bare copper
>jacketed with PVC in  several colors. It is more flexible than THHN,
>but not as stiff as site wire. It would be good for several years of
>UV at least, perhaps more, being rated "Good" in the comparison
>tables.
>
>It will cost, in the same order as listed above, 3, 4, and 5 cents a
>foot in 5000(prox) foot reels. There may be up to 3 splices in the
>5000 feet, and the color may not be the same throughout the reel.
>Lesser footage (1to 4K, add 1 cent per foot).
>
>This is brand new stuff, so it could be re-spooled and sold for at
>least 3 X the price if one wants to play the game and make a few
>bucks. Might be a good club project!
>
>Give us a shout if interested
>
>Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC, 29356
>Sales(800)727-WIRE(9473) or cqwire@juno.com.
>Tech help (864)895-4195 or n8ug@juno.com
>www.thewireman.com
>Our 21st year!

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]