[TowerTalk] Getting antennas to top

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Getting antennas to top
From: harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Charles H. Harpole)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 23:20:29 -0400 (EDT)
I can not understand the love of "tram-ming" and "gyn pole-ing" up towers
and antennas when snorkle lifts/cranes can be rented.  The crane is so
much easier, safer, quicker.
Even if u are going up above a good crane height of 70 or 80 feet (they
make 'em higher, of course), u can still use a crane to get everything
(tower sections or antennas) up at least that high.
Just stand safely belted inside the crane man-basket and let the crane
(snorkle lifte is best but a crane with basket will do ok)do the lifting.
With the crane controls in your own hands right there in the basket, u can
snug up to ur mast or tower section joint and just stick in the bolts.
As the hair colorer says, "I'm worth it...."
de K4VUD