[TowerTalk] C3 or C4 Antenna Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C3 or C4 Antenna Question
From: aljaras@snet.net (A. JARAS)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 05:52:40 -0400
Hello All,
I am looking to replace my TH7dxs with either a C3 or C4. Have gotten
some quotes from vendors but no one seems to stock either antenna and
the wait is 4-5 weeks before possible arrival. Is there a vendor who
has  it in stock? I am curious as to how well this antenna C3 or C4
compare to the TH7? How well they hold up with winter winds and icing
here in my area of Southern New England. Unfortunatelly the TH7 has
developed swr problems especially on 15M, I suspect resident spiders or
ant debris in the trap/coils. M<y reason for considering they C3 0r C4
is for use on the 12/17M bands also if I decide on the C4 can this be
also used on 30M? I mostly work CW and seldom venture to PHFONE bands
unless extremely desperate for qso's. The tower I am using is a 48' Rohn
HDBX. I would appreciate any and all input. Thanks

Al / NA1I
--
Those that can, DX! Those that can't, Dx on nets!