[TowerTalk] Antenna Stacking on a HBDX Rohn

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Stacking on a HBDX Rohn
From: aljaras@snet.net (A. JARAS)
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 20:34:50 -0400
Hello Everyone,
I need help with some accurate info regarding how much more I can stack
on my tower. I have a Rohn HDBX 48'. Presently I have a TH7 at about 3'
above the top of the tower. The tower has a truss bearing on the top
table plate. I would like to put a AW3S 12/17M 3 element cushcraft over
the TH7. The rotor is a HAM IV. Can any one of the antenna and tower
experts give me an idea if this will be too much torque for this type
tower to have to handle with the TH7 and the AW3S on the same mast. I am
Planing on using a 12' or a 15' 6061T6 3/16 or even a 1/4 inch 6061T6
mast both 2.00 O.D.. Obviously, the AW3S should be 8' or more above the
TH7. Would appreciate any sound advice and assistance with this. Thanks
all.

de AL/ NA1I
--
Those that can, DX! Those that can't, Dx on nets!