[TowerTalk] more - Precip static

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] more - Precip static
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 13:47:57 -0700
At 1:01 PM -0700 5/2/98, n8ug@juno.com wrote:

>   We find it hard to dispute their good performance, given the ever
>increasing sales, the numbers of them showing up on state, municipal, and
>industrial facilities everywhere we travel, not to mention the multiple
>thousands of lightning rods on rural buildings everywhere, quietly doing
>their thing.

Ummmmm....  What those "thousands of lightning rods on rural buildings
everywhere, quietly doing their thing" are designed to do is ATTRACT
lightning so it can be safely shunted to ground via the heavy wires that
lead from those rods to ground.

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/cvrc/