[TowerTalk] Re: Quads not as good as Yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Quads not as good as Yagis
From: harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Charles H. Harpole)
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 21:01:01 -0400 (EDT)
I agree that conventional wisdom is a powerful indicator of
value/performance in products--  i.e., why are there no Yaesu MPs for sale
used?? or no 40-2CDs used for sale, and why do guys still collect
TUBE-infested Collins S-lines?  Performance does speak in this way, and
has a lot of wisdom in it.
However, along with these factors are the strains of un-reason and
convenience:
brand loyalty (Swan lovers),
easiest to put up (stacking quads should really be a challenge),
following the herd (34XA lovers),
believing what I have is the best (folks who purchase the auto for the
name-plate), and
falling in love and stubbornly staying with it when the real
undergirding for the love has faded (Apple users).
Ah, the errors my and others' flesh are heir to....  de K4VUD