[TowerTalk] Cutting stranded cable

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cutting stranded cable
From: ddjones@nas.com (Dale Jones K5MM)
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 20:53:11 -0700 (PDT)
 Arliss (& others):

 The 'sharp' edge technique works great, as does the reverse process;
 a good & sharp cold chisle (sp?) along with an anvil and piece of
 scrap oak (or other hard wood) works great with a 4 pound sledge
 hammer.

 Regarding bolt cutters....my experience with them is that they are
 more like munchers and crunchers on multi-strand cable.  A different
 tool that you might consider for cutting EHS and aircraft cable is
 a "Cable Cutter".  Looks somewhat like a bolt cutter, but it is more
 of a slicer---like scissors.  They are pricey (like $75 to $100), but
 they really work well.  In the Northwest, the logging supply
 companies sell them.

 Another solution is an oxy-acetylene cutting torch too....works great.

 73
 Dale  K5MM/7