[TowerTalk] Short 2-el 40m Yagi designs??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Short 2-el 40m Yagi designs??
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 09:03:54 -0400 (EDT)
At 11:48 PM 5/5/98 +0100, "Marios Nicolaou (5B4WN)"
<mzyd108@unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I am wondering if anybody on this reflector has (good) experience with a
>homemade 2 element non-full sized yagi for 40m. Something with comparable
>gain and size to the 40-2CD (HI!).

Marios,

e-mail to your address cannot get through as there is a filter that does not
recognize my e-mail address.  Appears you must set up a list of acceptable
addresses to get mail.  Here is what I tried to send you...

I have a friend who built the 3 el 40 out of the ARRL Antenna and Handbook.
This beam is close in concept to the Cushcraft.  You could take 2 elements
and make smaller version.  His works great and its only has it 67' above
ground.  He is nearing 300 countries on 40.

73, Dave K4JRB