[TowerTalk] [Towertalk] W1JR Yagis in Winter 98 ComQuart

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] [Towertalk] W1JR Yagis in Winter 98 ComQuart
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 02:38:43 -0700
T A RUSSELL wrote:
> As noted below, high gain designs usually have a low feedpoint impedance.
>
> The lower the feed impedance, the greater the current in the driven
> element,  which results in increased gain.  Below 10 Ohms, efficiency > may
> become  suspect, but above 10 Ohms or so, the gain seems to be real > and >
> realizable.

Increase gain by lowering the feed impedance to increase current?

When did they repeal P=I^2 R? The high gain which results from decreased
spacing, thus lowering the impedence of the antenna is a simple law
found in any handbook. As a matter of fact, the highest gain possible is
when the spacing is infinitely short. Unfortunately, the impedence at
this point is so low that the elements must be of pure gold, and
stabilized to a point that they may not vary under any circumstance,
which includes temperature and humidity control.

Anything else is ridiculous...

73

Ed