[TowerTalk] Safety Belts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Safety Belts
From: larsenp@cadvision.com (Peter Larsen)
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 03:15:39 +0100
Roger Rehr wrote:

> I am about to have a new tower to climb.  I need to get a safety belt.
   <snip>
> Any thoughts on which of these would be "best"?

My favorite belt is the "Miller" back saver.
This belt has a "gut strap" and a weight lifter's belt built right
into it. If you can afford it go for the Miller!! (can you
afford not to have the best when your life is on the line?)

I also have used the Klein belts with a gut strap. They are
OK but not full floating like the Miller.
BTW I am a power line man by trade. I wouldn't climb with
out the best equipment! I also have fallen. i didn't like it
at all, but that is another story.

Spend the bucks on good equipment and you will not regret it.
If you don't you won't live to regret it.

73 es climb safe.
Peter Larsen  PL.  CEET.

VE6NAO