[TowerTalk] BP filters against power line noise

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] BP filters against power line noise
From: don@kcnet.com (Don Nutt)
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 16:52:04 -0600
Malcom,

Obligation.  I don't think so.  For 5+ years I tried to get SMUD (Sacramento
Municpal Utility District) to come out and fix 5 poles (20+ S9 on 40mtr  min).
They concurred my findings but could not justify since the loss in dollars was
not enough to offset the inconvenience of about 10 families while the poles
were undergoing repair.  Calls to California PUC (Public Utlities Commission)
did not help and calls to the FCC were of no help.

The density of homes was the contributing factor.  The RFI was killer to HF
but not to VHF commercial service or EMS.

If they (the electric companies) have an obligation,  where is it in writing?

Don Nutt

don@kcnet.com
N6TDM/0
05/11/98 16:52:04 CST