[TowerTalk] Tower Permit Questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Permit Questions
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 07:09:15 -0600
6.) If worse comes to worse and I have to live with a 35 ft tower, how
disappointed will I be?  Will a tribander at 35 ft perform
(considerably) better than an inverted Vee at about that same height?
In other words, is a short tower better than none at all?

What other advice do you have that will help my tower building
experience be successful?

Thanks to all for your help,

-Marty KI0LO
 martyt@pobox.com

Hi  Marty -

A tribander at 35 to 40 ft works VERY  WELL during daylight hours
on the high bands, especially during high sunspot activity, but even
during low sunspots around mid-day and early afternoons.

My 40 ft high TH7 is often my BEST antenna to Europe and Africa,
particularly on 20M in the early afternoons, often beating my higher
and bigger monoband antennas.

As I have often said on this reflector, NO SINGLE ANTENNA will
cover ALL of the angles supported by the ionosphere.  You need
BOTH  high and low antennas.  IMHO, everyone should have a
good tribander at 35 to 40 ft in addition to whatever high antennas
one can muster.

73,  Tom  N4KG

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]