[TowerTalk] Old style Phyllistran

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Old style Phyllistran
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC)
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 15:59:10 EDT
In a message dated 5/13/98 12:04:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mraz@aud.alcatel.com writes:

<< the new guy grips don't work for old style Phyllistran.

 Is there a recommended alternative method of end termination?

I have had success using the cable grips that the power companies use. I've
removed the jaws and spring mechanism, sealed the end where the Phillystran
comes out and poured the resin just like the factory ends. By now, Phillystran
should be inclined to tell you what composition resin they used.

Tom, K5RC/7