[TowerTalk] Force 12

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12
From: N3SL@aol.com (N3SL)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 20:05:34 EDT
Would appreciate input / opinions of those of you with experience.  I've just
come back from Dayton, where I had the chance to look, touch, and talk to all
the antenna vendors.  I am very much interested in going with Force 12 -
simply because the Pro-96S is bigger than my house!

Actually, I have come to an "agreement" with the ACC that I'd use "low
profile" antennas, so the Force 12 C-4XL is appealing.  However, I'm concerned
about 12 and 17, and I'm not really wild about using a tuner.  Alternative 5
band antennas exist, but don't get me 40m coverage.  So, the question(s):

How does the C-4XL play, compared to others you've owned or used.  And,
specifically, what do you find on 12 and 17m?

As an alternative, I could go with their new WARC-7, and then either the C-4XL
(I gain 30m, plus 17 and 12 without a tuner) - or the WARC-7 with the 5BA
(however, I then lose 40m).

Presuming a 30m beam is still in the luxury category, would you advise a
separate 12/17 beam?  Even the A3WS would suffice, in that case.

Comments will be appreciated.

73,
Steve