[TowerTalk] Launching dipoles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Launching dipoles
From: aa6eg@cv.tmx.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 08:15:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Guys,

Regarding launching dipoles, etc.  Please be aware of how much energy of
the launched projectile can return very qickly on a 180 degree path, if
there is a jam or snag of the fishing reel, or other spool of line.  I had
a schoolyard friend in 6th grade that launched a paperclip with a rubber
band at school permanently LOSE AN EYE when the paper  clip hung up and
rebounded into his eye....I was nearby and STILL can hear the blood
curdling screaming he did...
Please wear STURDY Eye Protection....

73, DX de Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ
"The Contest Station from the Government"

Marina Amateur Radio Contest Station; N6IJ
599 DX Drive
Marina CA 93933
aa6eg@tmx.com