[TowerTalk] More comments on lightning

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] More comments on lightning
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 03:11:32 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-05 00:04:58 EDT, clewis@ro.com writes:

> Eric, my tower is, for a number of reasons, adjacent to my shack, and my
>  service entrance is at the diagonally opposite corner of my house. A
>  90-100 foot run around the periphery of the house would be required to
>  bond the tower ground to the service entrance ground. Would that still
>  be effective even if I were to spend the effort & money? Or are there
>  alternatives in this case? Short of moving the tower or service
>  entrance, that is!

      No, that's how you do it. You would also be well advised to have
additional ground rods from each point. The cable entry should be grounded and
everything connected to everything else (gross oversimplification). That's how
you get everything to rise and fall at the same rate resulting in no arcing
and current harmlessly shunted to ground.

Cheers,  Steve K7LXC