[TowerTalk] Peripheral ground system

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Peripheral ground system
From: aa4lr@radio.org (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 16:36:47 -0400
On 6/11/98 4:27 PM, K4SB at k4sb@mindspring.com wrote:

>It should be below the frost line. About 2 feet is a good depth as long
>
>> Probably OK for Western Washington, but here in the frozen tundra of the
>> Northeast, four feet deep is the standard for getting under the frost line.
>>
>> 73, Dick, WC1M
>
>Call the engineering department of your water system. They know to the
>exact inch. For example, Cobb, GA is 18"

I don't believe for a second that any county in the Atlanta area has a
descernable frost line....

Of course, for a water line, you don't want it freezing AT ALL. But
you're not going to see much, if any, soil heaving due to frost in
Georgia.

So, it if is safe for water, it is probably exceptionally safe for wires.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901