[TowerTalk] Antenna Problem - Solved

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Problem - Solved
From: tao@skypoint.com (Tod Olson)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 12:53:50 -0500

>As a matter of fact, in general, killing the current on the
outside of
>coax shields has fixed all kinds of wierd stuff around the
shack. From
>the above to the KW high isolation chokes on the input & output
of the
>AL1200, rf on coax shields is a real pain.

This should be no surprize to those who read carefully the W2DU
articles and also read the experiments conducted by W7EL and
reported in Antenna Compendium #1 dealing with measurements of RF
on the feedline.

I use a bead balun when I make measurements with my General Radio
1606 RF bridge. I have recorded differences between measurements
with and without the beads; the ones with the beads are closer to
expected values.

Tod Olson, K0TO