[TowerTalk] Shucks!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shucks!
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 10:15:16 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-29 09:35:36 EDT, sweisbrod@prodigy.net writes:

> Also I use a T2X with no problem. I used a T6061 T6 1/4 in wall. With the
>  4BA 11ft above the EF320 I think its good for 70MPH. It's seen 55 MPH
>  already.

        Nope - you're living on borrowed time. 6061-T6 has a yield strength of
35K psi. My previous post said that the above configuration needed 50K psi
yield strength. 50 MPH has 10 PSF wind pressure. 70 has 20 PSF. Bye bye mast.

     When it bends (and it will), do not attempt to take it down yourself. Get
a bucket truck or crane in so you can reach everything and get it on the
ground.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC